Google Apps Script Can Do That!
Here is a big collection of Google Apps Scripts that will help you do more with your favorite Google products. And you don’t have to be programmer to use any of these scripts.
- Website Uptime Monitor - Receive instant email and SMS alerts when your websites goes down. You can monitor all your web domains for free.
- Amazon Price Tracker – Keep track of prices of your favorite products on Amazon and get email alerts when the prices go down or up.
- Read Receipts in Gmail - Use Apps Script and Google Analytics to track your outgoing Gmail messages and get notified when people open and read your email.
- Gmail Encrypt - You can encrypt your outgoing Gmail messages using the powerful AES encryption and no one will be able to snoop your private conversations.
- 1-click Website Hosting - Use this Google Script to host your websites, images, podcasts and other media files on Google Drive with one click.
- Mail Merge with Gmail – Send personalized email messages to your contacts using Gmail. The messages can have attachments and you even write messages in raw HTML.
- Files Permissions Explorer – See who has access to your shared files and folders in Google Drive and whether they view or edit permissions.
- Send to Google Drive - You can save your Gmail attachments directly to Google Drive – just apply a particular label to your Gmail message and the included attachments will be copied to Drive.
- Save Gmail Images - The script monitors your Gmail mailbox and will auto-save any image attachments to your Google Drive.
- Sort Gmail by Size - Is your Gmail mailbox running out of space. The scripts will determine all the bulky messages in your Gmail mailbox.
- Bulk Forward Gmail – The auto-forward feature in Gmail only works on incoming messages but our bulk forward script can forward even older email to your other email addresses.
- Update Google Contacts – See how your friends and family members can directly add or update their own contact information into your Google address book.
- Google Contacts Map – The Google Script will plot the postal address of your Google Contacts on a Google Map. You can also export this data as a KML file for Google Earth.
- Email Form Data – Google Forms are the best tool for creating online polls and surveys. The script will email you the entire form data as soon as someone submits the form.
- Twitter Bot – Learn how to write your own Twitter bot that auto-responds to tweets. This particular bot queries Wolfram Alpha to answer queries.
- Twitter Out-of-Office – You can create out-of-office automatic replies for people who are trying to reach you via Twitter and they wouldn’t expect a response from you right away.
- SMS Alerts for Gmail – You can receive SMS text alerts for important incoming messages in your Gmail by connecting your mailbox with a private Twitter account.
- Extract Email Addresses – The script scans your mailbox and creates a list of email addresses of people who have previously communicated with you. Useful for building your email marketing lists.
- Transfer Gmail – Moving to a different email address? The script will automatically copy all your email messages from your old Gmail inbox to another mailbox that could be on any web service.
- Reminder for starred messages – Get a daily digest with a list of messages that you have “Starred” in your Gmail mailbox and may want to follow up on them.
- Advanced Gmail Search – Gmail supports a variety of search commands but now you can also use Regular Expressions for searching messages on Gmail.
- Twitter RSS Feeds – Twitter no longer provides RSS feeds but you can use Google Apps Script to create your own feeds for Twitter timelines, searches and lists.
- Google+ RSS Feeds – This Apps Script based Chrome add-on will help you generate RSS feeds for any Google Plus user or even search results. Written by Eric Koleda.
- Translate RSS – You can translate foreign language RSS feeds into your native language with Google Scripts and subscribe to them in your favorite news reader.
- Gmail Label Feeder - Create a RSS feed for any of your Gmail labels that you can later feed into Evernote, Pocket, etc. through IFTTT. Written by Martin Hawksey.
- Gmail Meter – The script will help you analyze how you use Gmail and generates statistics like how much email you send, average length of messages, turn-around time, etc. Written by Romain Vialard.
- Gmail Delay Send – While there are browser add-ons that let you schedule emails in Gmail, the script is easier, safer and your messages will be delivered on a specified date and time. Written by Blair Kutzman.
- Gmail Snooze - When you snooze an email, it disappears from view but reappears in the inbox at some specified time in the future. Written by Corey Goldfeder.
- Gmail Auto Purge - Similar to auto-sweep in Outlook, the script will automatically delete older email messages from specific senders after a certain period of time.
- Gmail Clean-up - Create time-based filters in Gmail that will automatically move, archive or even delete all messages from any particular Gmail label that are older than “n” days. Written by John E. Day.
- Save Gmail as PDF – The script will save the body of an email message as a PDF file. You can optionally send the converted PDF to your email address.
- Instagram Downloads – Download photos belonging to specific tags from Instagram to your Google Drive with Apps Script. Written by Waqar Ahmad.
- GDocs2MD - The script will convert your Google Drive documents into the popular Markdown (.md) format that can be imported into several publishing platforms. Written by Renato Mangini.
- Gmail NoResponse – It tracks your email messages in Gmail that are awaiting response and where you may want to send a follow-up mail. Written by Jonathan Kim
- Force Password Change – If you are an admin of a Google Apps domain, use this script to force all your domain users to change their passwords. Written by Waqar Ahmad.
- Text Browser – A Lynx-inspired browser that lets you browse the web in text and is written using Apps Script. The browser can also be used as a proxy server for reading web content.
- Self-destructive Messages – Send confidential messages inside a Google Sheet and the message will disappear after it has been read.
- Auto-Expire Shared Folders - You can set an expiry date for your shared folders in Google Drive and the shared links will automatically expire at the specified date and time.
- Reddit Scraper – Use the Reddit API with Google Scripts to download all posts from any Reddit to your Google sheet.
You can download the source code of Google Scripts from ctrlq.org.
This story, Awesome Things You Can Do With Google Scripts, was originally published at Digital Inspiration on 15/12/2013 under GMail, Google Drive, Internet